A living place for growing, a growing place for living
Who We Are
We are a community of people who believe in living lightly on the planet, with a commitment to eco-friendly principles.
We are working to find land where we can build a regenerative, intergenerational ecovillage about an hour or so from Minnesota's Twin Cities, near either St. Paul or Minneapolis.
“What one acknowledges in the formation of the community is the possibility of doing together what is impossible to do alone.”
Malidoma Patrice Some
These priorities will become an important part of the ecovillage we build together.
Our ecovillage will be a demonstration and education site.
We will be a “glass classroom,” transparent in how we live and what we’ve learned from our mistakes and successes. Sharing our wisdom will sow seeds that grow more ecovillages.
We will live regeneratively.
This means more than just sustainability. We will create systems that give more than they take and make net-positive choices that restore our ecosystem and ourselves.
We will cultivate an intergenerational community.
We will honor the contributions and wisdom of each age group. We will design and invest in solutions that remove barriers and create a welcoming environment for people of all ages.
We will build a legacy that continues long after us.
We commit to making choices that prioritize our long-term vision over short-term gain.
We celebrate the depth and complexity of the whole human.
We will cultivate a diverse community where everyone’s whole self is welcomed, where each person’s experiences, ideas, talents, and needs are seen as a gift to the village.
Why Join Us?
Joining an ecovillage is a big decision. Why would you want to do it? Why the Seedling Village in particular?
- You’re living in the city but really want to live connected to natural spaces surrounded by nature’s wilderness.
- You want to have a positive ecological footprint and have energy to put into living your values.
- You want to live with others. You value community and want to learn how to do it well.
- You are a pioneer, lover of big, deeply meaningful projects that can change the world.
- You are willing to help many hands make light work by believing in a more beautiful world, and following that belief with action.
- You love the city, want to share a regenerative dream with others, and are excited to build it to help the Twin Cities community see what is possible in ‘beyond sustainability’ living.
- You want a beautiful, joyful, meaningful life that matters.
- You want to be able to tell your grandchildren, your friend’s grandchildren that when you knew the ‘modern’ way of living was destructive to life, that you did something about it.